If you sustained a serious injury due to an electrical accident at the workplace, you may be eligible to pursue legal action on the negligent party. At Fischer & Associates, LLC, our legal team is dedicated to obtaining the justice and treatment our clients deserve
Common causes of electrical accidents include:
- Loose connectors
- Electric cords which run under carpeting
- Old or poor wiring
- Lack of preventative devices
- Flammable materials near exposed wiring
Types of Electrical Accidents
Electrical accidents have been increasingly common in the industrial field. According to a study conducted by the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), construction trades workers comprise of about 38% of all electrical fatalities. These type accidents typically result in burns, temporary or permanent loss of muscle control and coordination, nerve and tissue damage, internal bleeding, or cardiac arrest.
The main types of electrical accidents are the following:
- Electrical Fires – When electric current ignites flammable materials. These types of accidents can be highly dangerous since using water to extinguish a fire may leave an individual susceptible to electric shock.
- Electrical Shock – When any part of your body makes contact with an electrical current. Since the human body is mainly comprised of water, it is considered a good conductor of electricity. A mild shock may leave you with a tingling feeling. Moderate shock may cause your muscles to contract, making it difficult to extract the exposed body part. Severe shock can lead to heart or respiratory failure.
- Electrical Fires – When severe electric shock causes your tissue to burn, whether internal or external. Internal burns occur when the electric current penetrates the bone and burns deep tissue.
Experienced & Reliable Birmingham Injury Lawyers
Our Birmingham industrial accident lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your injuries and gather the necessary evidence to prove that negligence led to them. Over the years, we have recovered over $170 million of compensation on behalf of our clients. Let us protect your rights today and in the future.
Contact our Birmingham industrial accident attorneys today for more information about how we can assist you with your injury claim.