Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals are under an overwhelming amount of stress within a limited time frame when they work in an emergency room. While these healthcare providers must make fast and accurate life and death decisions, mistakes can happen.
However, if these errors were derived from negligence and carelessness which results in further injury or even death, the individual and/or their family must obtain skilled legal representation. Our Birmingham medical malpractice lawyer understands the complexities involved in these type of cases and can provide you with the guidance necessary to protect your rights.
Common Emergency Room Errors
In an emergency room atmosphere, a patient may be seen and treated by multiple members of the medical team. If at full capacity, the hospital providing care tends to be understaffed and overworked.
Common errors include the following:
- Delayed treatment due to waiting for long periods to time prior to evaluation
- Turning down patients who can’t provide proof of insurance or can’t pay
- Releasing a patient too soon without proper instructions
- Failure to record complete medical history
- Failure to perform adequate diagnostic tests
- Failure to process medication orders accurately
Our Birmingham Medical Malpractice Attorney Is Ready To Take Your Case
At Fischer & Associates, LLC Attorneys at Law, our legal team can conduct their own thorough investigation, gather the necessary evidence and consult with our medical experts to recover your compensation. With over $170 million won on behalf of our clients, we are prepared to aggressively fight for you in order to get your life back on track.
Contact our firm today and schedule your complimentary consultation.