If you have suffered a devastating fall on another party’s property and sustained a severe injury, you may be eligible to receive compensation in a premises liability claim. According to the National Safety Council and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over one million people in the U.S. experience a severe slip, trip, or fall each year and an average of 17,000 Americans die from their slip and fall accidents.
Common slip and fall cases include the following:
- Wet surfaces
- Loose carpet or flooring
- Worn-out or rotted floor boards
- Insufficient railings
- Unmarked obstacles
- Dangerous stairways
- Poor lighting
- Uneven pavement, such as damaged sidewalks
At Fischer & Associates, LLC we have a successful track record of satisfied clients, winning over $170 million in the past 15 years. We understand how frustrating an injury like this can be, so let us take care of your case while you’re well on your way on the road to recovery.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
As soon as you suffer a slip and fall injury, it’s important to establish liability against a private or corporate property owner. You must prove that the guilty party caused the unsafe condition and also knew about the hazard despite possessing the reason to take care of the issue.
The following must be done if you have been injured in a slip in fall accident:
- Report the accident to the property owner. Obtain a copy of any incident report, especially if you happen to fall at a business
- Attain the names of the owners, managers, and witnesses. Gather addresses and phone numbers of each person
- Take photographs of the scene and injuries
- Save all the evidence related to the fall, such as clothing and shoes you wore
- Seek medical attention
- Do not give recorded statements to insurance adjusters
Call (205) 598-2531 to Schedule a Free Consultation
Our Birmingham personal injury attorneys have handled litigation against corporate and private property owners for slip and fall injuries which were suffered on their property. We are dedicated to negotiating with insurance companies and aggressively protecting your rights in the court room.
Set up an appointment with our Birmingham slip and fall accident attorneys by calling (205) 598-2531.